I am a cancer survivor
I have 1 eternal companion
1 daughter
3 sons.
my fair share of challenges
I am human

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

AS SISTERS IN ZION

We all must work together. I was in Relief Society Sunday. And It was sparse. Courtney's in laws asked is that it. We had maybe 10 counting her in laws. The last few Sundays we have been getting smaller. Our goal as a Relief Society is to get the room to standing room only. We have so many inactive sisters total number of sisters in our records is 135. I urge all of you to do your Visiting teaching.
The song As sisters in Zion was written by 2 pioneer women. One day on the trail they asked what they could do to make the burden light of others and as they were talking the words came to mind and they shared it with all the sisters that were with them. It has always been one of my favorite songs since I entered the Relief Society almost 11 years ago.
We all must work together to build up the kingdom. We will see the blessings as we do. My goal is to get 100% this month what is yours?

2 comments:

That Girl said...

Great post. I love Relief Society too. I'm actually giving a talk about it this Sunday. (In honor of the organization's birthday. Isn't everybody?)

Hooray for visiting teaching! I'm doing mine tomorrow.

The Amayesings said...

Very true, Melissa. Thanks for sharing.