I am a cancer survivor
I have 1 eternal companion
1 daughter
3 sons.
my fair share of challenges
I am human

Saturday, January 31, 2009

In Memoriam - Spot


In Memoriam: Spot

At about 8:45AM on 31 January 2009, Spot was put to rest at the Detroit Michigan Humane Society. He was a loving cat and a true companion. While my heart still breaks, knowing that he was almost a completely healthy cat, the tumor on his head continued to grow throughout the previous twelve months.

While speaking with the veterinarian who handled the process, she confirmed that the best thing for us to do was to allow him to go to rest.

The children were all sad to some degree or another; Rainey was almost inconsolable throughout the process, knowing what was happening. Noah continued to ask us afterward if we "could go see Spot again".

Thank you, Spot, for the companionship and for waking me up at night getting on top of me... fond memories. I know that I will remember you and miss you, and so will all the Jamisons.

No comments: