I am a cancer survivor
I have 1 eternal companion
1 daughter
3 sons.
my fair share of challenges
I am human

Saturday, April 18, 2009

A fun day turns gray

Yesterday I bought a membership to Henry ford Museum and I can get into Green field Village for free on it. We had a family fun day. We went to dinner at Cici's pizza rented a couple movies to watch with the kids. During the movie I got a phone call not a good one. Scott's dad has colon cancer. This comes a year after he had kidney cancer they removed the kidney he was fine. Lets hope by removing part of his colon he will be fine. If that dosn't work I know he will not go in for chemo or radiation. He will say let me die I am an old man. He isn't even 60.
I know we have our diffrences in the past but he is a good man. He came home from Nam with a purple heart. He loves to talk about that war he has such passion Only if he would put that passion in fighting for his life. I know where he is coming from. I know first hand the effects of chemo I havn't had it for 9 years but every time I see myself I see a totally diffrent person . Everytime I see the scares in my arms from the needles of chemo and weekly vampire visits( what I called the blood draw nurse who took forever) . Shots to the bone marrow when I had no white blood cells and most of all when I see the swollen leg .
Please say prayers for our family we need them.

2 comments:

Jen B. said...

Sorry to hear about your FIL. HOpe all is well and he hangs in there.

The Amayesings said...

WHat a bummer. I hope he will stay positive and that all turns out well.